Different Strokes Charity Cycle Ride
Please donate here!

Monday 10 May 2010

5 go cycling

5 of us cycled 41 miles today – the most yet! We picked a relatively flat scenic route which included the Stratford Greenway, going along the Avon, Walton Hall and some spectacular countryside.

The Stratford Avon

We tried to dump Steve, but couldn't away with it! Brian has a new touring/racing bike so he was hardly out of breath. Graham's sure and steady cycling goes on and on like a Duracell, and true to form he was the first one to reach the pub.

Graham, Brian, Steve & me on tea break

I got my cleats stuck in the pedal, fell off my bike and bloodied my knee. Déjà vu. I’ve now taken off the left cleat.

The last 5 miles were difficult because 4 days ago I had a pint of blood pumped out (left over issues from chemo treatment). Must keep training!

No comments: