Different Strokes Charity Cycle Ride
Please donate here!

Thursday 27 May 2010

Cycling alone

I've cycled every day this week, Sunday to Wednesday, which amounts to 105 miles!

Yesterday I cycled 40 miles alone - I've got to build up my stamina. In the first 5 miles I was not enjoying it, but over the next 18 miles I was like a pig in muck! I ate a lovely warm spinach & sesame seed pie half way round. Things went down hill at 23 miles and I wanted to cancel the whole trip. But by 26 miles, with 14 miles remaining, I got over the hurt and concentrated on going home to a relaxing bath.


My strokes paralysed my right side, so shifting the gears with my right thumb is difficult. I also tore the ligaments on my thumb when I was dry slope skiing at the tender age of 16 - a common injury called Dendix thumb.

My haemoglobin is increasing since I had blood pumped of me last week. Touch wood everything is splendid and I don't have to go to hospital again! I will go cycling tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting, Robby De Jager put me on to your website and i'm following with great interest all the way from SA!!

Us! said...

Thank you ever so much for visiting our blog.
The next month will be torturous!